Respecting and protecting the privacy of its online visitors (“you,” “your,” “yours”) is important to The Melez Limited, (“The Melez”, “The Company,” “we,” “us”). We hope the following policy will help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard your information.
This policy is prepared with reference to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486), Laws of the Hong Kong SAR (“HKSAR”) (the “Ordinance”). It specifically addresses our obligations in respect of data privacy laws of the HKSAR, which is one of the most developed data protection regimes worldwide. Throughout this policy statement, the meaning of the term “personal data” is the same as defined in the Ordinance unless otherwise specified.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
The Company collects personal information to ensure we can fulfil our service promises and offer you a personal experience online and in our stores.
Different levels of personal information may be gathered depending on your usage of www.themelez.com (“the Site”):
• If you are not a registered user, you are browsing the website anonymously as a Guest. We will not collect any personal information from you but you may not be able to use all services and features that we offer to registered users.
• You need to input your personal information to register in order for us to process some features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates or requesting information from customer service. We may store some of the data provided for these features and services for such purpose.
• We shall collect and store your personal information when you register an account, to offer you a personal experience on the site and make the purchase process easier and quicker.
• You can place an order with us as a Guest or using your registered account. In both cases, we will only collect information necessary to the fulfilment of that order including potential fraud checks. This includes your full name, shipping and billing addresses, phone contact and email address.
We may use your personal details for the following purposes:
• Fulfilling your orders including stock processing, payment clearance and shipping.
• Responding to your enquiries.
• Matching personal information with information you provided on your processed orders.
• Sending you email or printed communications about new products, events or promotions happening online or in store. We will only send you communication based on your email and communication preferences.
You can unsubscribe at any time by using the MY ACCOUNT page or contacting our Customer Care team.
• Processing features such as sharing a product with a friend, registering an account, maintaining your shopping bag.
• Analysing trends and shopping behaviour as well as conducting customer surveys to continuously improve our offerings and services.
Finally, we automatically collect anonymous data relating to your online session to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.